Do you find that the cost of hydro is climbing year after year? Are you looking for a way to reduce the amount of emissions that you are causing? If the answer is yes, join millions of people who are looking for a sustainable, clean energy.
This is the type of energy that you can feel proud of utilizing, and it is a lot cheaper to you and better for the environment. One of the best ways to have power around the home, or mobile, and protect the environment is by purchasing a solar panel.
It can be quite the hard task to buy a solar panel, especially if you are a beginner, as there are so many options to choose from. Today we have set aside five solar panel reviews, of various products, so you can find one that is going to work the best for you!
What to Look For in a Solar Panel
Before we dive into the five products, let’s quickly review what you should be looking for. You want a solar panel that is definitely going to be able to still function no matter what kind of weather it is up against. It needs to work year round and be able to offer you a great deal of power. We also recommend finding one that is compact to take on the road!
|Mighty Max Battery 100W Solar Panel 12V Poly Off Grid Battery Charger for RV||$$||4.4/5|
|HQST 100 Watt 12 Volt Polycrystalline Solar Panel||$$||4.7/5|
|Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus (V2) Solar Panel||$$||4.0/5|
|WindyNation 100 Watt Solar Panel Off-Grid RV Boat Kit||$$$||4.4/5|
|Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Panel||$$||4.7/5|
|BZBRLZ Upgraded Sunpower Solar Panel||$$$||4.2/5|
|Anker Anker 21W Dual USB Solar Charger||$||4.3/5|
|ECO-WORTHY 20W 12V Solar Panel Kit||$||4.1/5|
|Suaoki 100W 18V 12V Solar Panel||$$$||4.2/5|
|Newpowa 100 Watts 12 Volts Polycrystalline Solar Panel||$$||4.6/5|
Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Panel
The first product up for review is the Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Panel. It has been equipped with a lot of features. The main reason for being on this list is that it has been affordably priced and still has a lot of features to enhance your experience using a solar panel.
- Made to be compatible with 12 volt battery charging
- Can also wire it to multiple solar panels in this Renogy series using a 24/48 battery charging
- Compatible with grid-tied application
- Comes with pre-installed diodes that are placed directly in the junction box
- Two 31 inch cables that are equipped with MC4 connectors, that are automatically put into place on this Renogy panel
- Made out of durable construction that is able to withstand incredibly high winds (up to 2400Pa) and also great snow falls of 5400Pa
- Built in an aluminum frame that is very resistant to all kinds of weather
- Can be used for decades
- Has a high module conversion rate, which allows for a great output of 500 watt hours per day, depending on how much sunlight you are getting
- Comes with a 25 year transferable power output warranty, in case anything goes wrong
- Also comes with a 5-year material and workmanship warranty
- Can be purchased in a one piece package, or two, or three, or four, or six (each growing in price the more you add)
- Exclusive expansion kit available for the solar panel
- Maximum power of 100 Watts, and the entire voltage of the system comes down to 600V DC
- Operating voltage is 18.9 Volts
- Operating current is 5.29A
- Output cables are 4.0 mm2, and also 800mm
- Comes with MC4 Connectors
- Panel has been built using monocrystalline solar cells, allowing prime efficiency
- Frame is corrosion resistant and is built to be used in the outdoors
- Easy to install as there are pre drilled holes already in the back of the panel to quickly mount it and secure it
- Can be used in the house or on RVs, boats, trailers, and anything mobile
- Junction box is also very durable and has been rated IP65 and is anti-reflective and has a very high transparency
- Easy to install
- Durable material
- Weather resistant
- High in power
- Great technology
- Fantastic look
- Great warranty
- Fast delivery
- Have to drill mounting holes to fit larger bolts
The Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Panel is definitely one of the best solar panels on this list. Not only is it affordably priced and comes with a lot of features, it is also made out of high quality construction and is going to last you a long time.
It offers a great warranty and is lightweight enough to put it up during installation. Speaking of installation, it does come with drill mounting holes, but we found we did have to drill them larger because of the bolts we were using.
Might Max Battery 100 Watts 100W Solar Panel Battery Charger for RV
The second solar panel review is of the Might Max Battery 100 Watts 100W Solar Panel Battery Charger for RV. It is one of the most affordable ones on this list, so if you are looking for a cheaper alternative this might be the one for you!
- Made out of polycrystalline
- Is a MLS-100WP 12V 100 Watts solar panel
- Measures 40 inches by 27 inches by 1.40 inches
- Right in the junction box, there are already pre drilled diodes to make set up really easy
- Comes with a pair of 35 inch cables that are enabled with MC4 Connectors
- Equipped with solar cells of the highest efficiency, that have been created using photovoltaic technology, the leading innovator of solar panels
- Housed in an aluminum frame that is very durable, and is able to withstand outdoor weather
- Can work against heavy snow loads and also crazy high
- Can take a snow load of up to 5400Pa
- There are pre drilled holes on the back of the panel to mount and secure
- Beginner friendly
- Very sleek design with a concise and compact look
- To be used on the road or at a camp site, to offer you more power in case anything goes wrong
- Can easily be used around the house and set up as an on or off grid solar system in your garage or the outside of the home
- Concise and compact
- Easy to install
- Affordable price
- Withstands a lot of weather conditions
- Great for use on the road and at home
- Small enough to power an RV
- Works as advertised
- A cheaper solar panel, not as heavy duty as others
The Might Max Battery 100 Watts 100W Solar Panel Battery Charger for RV is one of the best solar panels. While we do not believe it is better than the first product, it still has a lot to offer. What we enjoyed most about this product was its size.
This is a very concise and compact solar panel that is definitely ideal for an RV. We prefer it to a lot of the products on the list if you are planning to take your solar panel mobile. That being said, this is not the strongest solar panel and may not be ideal to use around the home.
HQST 100 Watt 12 Volt Polycrystalline Solar Panel
The third solar panel review is of the HQST 100 Watt 12 Volt Polycrystalline Solar Panel. This solar panel is affordably priced when compared to many others on this list and has a lot to offer whether you are a beginner or are replacing older ones!
- Sold in either a 1 piece set, a 2 piece set, a four piece set, or a six piece set (the more pieces you add the larger the price goes up)
- Built to have a high transparency and also be anti-reflective, making them ideal to be used in the outdoors
- Enabled with a low iron-tempered glass that is resistant to impact and has a lot of stiffness to endure extreme weight
- Able to withstand winds up to 2400 Pa, and can also handle snow loads of 5400 Pa
- Comes with a junction box that has been rated IP65, and that will provide protection against any harsh environmental climate and low pressure water jets
- Easy installation, comes with holes that have already been drilled so you can mount it efficiently
- Compatible with various mounting systems such as Z-brackets, pole mounts, and also tilt mount
- High module conversion efficiency
- On average, it can output 500Wh per day, but it all depends on how much sunlight it gets
- Bypass diodes on this solar panel minimize the amount of power that will drop if it is in the shade for a bit of the day
- Diodes ensure that even if you live in a low lighted area, it will still have great performance qualities
- Made out of encapsulation material that is highly advanced
- Inside solar panel, there is a sheet that has been multilayered with laminations, enhancing the performance of the cells
- Housed in an aluminum frame that is resistant to all corrosion, making it perfect to be used for decades outdoors
- Comes with a 5 year material and workmanship warranty
- Comes with a 25 year power output warranty, should the amount of power greatly decrease over time
- High quality
- A lot of great features
- Easy to install
- Affordable price
- Excellent bypass diodes
- Works great in the shade
- Great construction
- Fantastic warranty
- Well built
- Still hasn’t hit the 100 Watts target
The HQST 100 Watt 12 Volt Polycrystalline Solar Panel is another panel on this list that we think is superb. First of all, the installation process was one of the easiest ones, and this is going to be fantastic for beginners. HQST is a great brand that is known for the high quality construction of their products.
While the product does boast of an output of 100 Watts, we have not hit this target yet and this may be because of the lack of direct sunlight? We will keep on checking as we do think it is a fantastic product.
Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus (V2) Solar Panel
The next product up for review is the Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus (V2) Solar Panel.
The main reason it has been included on the list is that it is ideal if you are wanting a smaller device to charge devices around the house or out on the road. It is very different than the ones we have seen so far.
- Available for purchase in the Nomad 7, the Nomad 7 Camo, The Nomad 7 Plus, or the Nomad 7 Plus V2
- Has the ability to charge both phones and any device that connects through a USB, just from direct sunlight
- Built with a state of the art auto-restart system that allows the output of the panel to match the device
- No overcharging EVER
- Equipped with an LED indicator that is really easy to read, and it displays how strong the solar conditions are that day
- Comes with a kickstand that can be detached, providing you with a way to place it on the best angle possible
- Charging devices have been built with natural shade, and there is a vented pocket on the device to regulate the temperature, so it will not overheat
- Layered with weatherproof material, so it can still work during rain and snow
- Auto restart system only available on the Plus
- Can track the power flow history on the device, so it will always know when one of your devices is fully charge
- Not to be used for an entire house or any larger devices; it is only built to handle smaller ones
- Compact and concise
- Really smart technology
- Great to use in weather conditions
- Great for charging personal items
- Not as heavy duty as other panels on the market
The Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus (V2) Solar Panel is very different from all of the other ones on the list, as the goal for this product is to charge smaller personal devices either while you are mobile or around the house. They definitely never boasted that they were equipped to do anything else.
This is a smaller device that is ideal to be used for smart phones and other equipment. The real downside to it is that it is not heavy duty, although it still costs the same as many on this list.
WindyNation 100 Watt Solar Panel Off-Grid RV Boat Kit
The final solar panel review on the list today is the WindyNation 100 Watt Solar Panel Off-Grid RV Boat Kit. While it is the most expensive on this list, we still believe it is very affordable when compared to many others on the market.
- Outputs 100 Watts
- 30 Amp LCD display solar charge controller
- 40 feet of Solar Cable (listed at 12 AWG)
- All of the MC4 connectors that you will need
- Mounting hardware for the panel
- Thorough instruction manual
- Specifically made to be used on an RV, in a cabin, at your house, on a boat, as a back-up supplier of power
- Provides on average 350 Watt Hours (or 33 Amp hours) every single day, depending on how much sunlight is out that day
- To increase the amount of power, simply buy more panels to put them all together
- Charge controller is able to handle up to 4pcs 100 Watts solar panels
- Controller can also handle 8 100W solar panels if you have a 24 volt system
- It will provide you with up to 100 watts of power that is very clean, completely free, and a renewable resource
- Equipped with a LCD screen that shows you the amperage of the system, the amount of volts, the amp-hours, temperature of the device, and the DC load draw
- Measures 40 by 1.4 by 26.4 inches and weighs 19.9 pounds.
- Comes with a lot of features in the kit
- Installation is easy
- High quality
- Competitively priced
- LCD screen shows a lot
- Comes with a thorough instruction manual
- Great for camper, not so much for house
The WindyNation 100 Watt Solar Panel Off-Grid RV Boat Kit is another great solar panel we have reviewed today. The thing we enjoyed most about this panel was the LCD screen that kept us up to date with the quality of our device and the percentage it is at.
Having one with an LCD screen really makes you want one in all of the solar panels you buy. This is another solar panel that should be used in an RV as opposed to around the house. It’s simply the best on the road!
All five of the products above are definitely some of the best solar panels, especially if you are looking for some that are affordable and definitely still get the job done.
They each have their pros and cons, and now it is up to you to do more research to find out what will work best for you. We recommend that you take the time to determine where you plan on using the solar panel, as this is going to directly influence which one you should purchase.
Once you figure out what you will be using the solar panel for, the easier it will be to make a final purchase decision. We wish you all the best for taking the time to research a solar panel and strongly applaud you for deciding to reduce your carbon footprint.